System Restore is a component of Microsoft's Windows Me, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, but not Windows 2000, operating systems that allows for the rolling back of system files, registry keys, installed programs, etc., to a previous state in the event of system malfunction or failure.
Follow these simple steps for restoring your system state:
- Go to Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.
- System Restore window will open.
- Check Restore my computer to an earlier time.
- Then click on Next.
- Select any bold dates from calendar, then select restore point for that date (If there are more than one).
- Click Next, Next.
- Wait your computer will restart and will take some time for restoring to previous date.
Note: System Restore is the best way for preventing from viruses. Like if you find any vulnerable virus on your system OR system speed has become slow immediately, just restore your system to some previous time when the system was working fine.