Sometimes users face problem when their USB drives data does not show, while checking property of drive it shows complete space occupied. Actually it happens because of virus, which changes data attribute to system files and hidden so we can't see data easily. Well it's not dangerous at all, so should not worry about data as we can easily recover it. Follow these steps for recovering your data with folder options and command prompt:
- Open Folder Options by entering "control folders" in run.
- Go to view tab.
- Check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" under Hidden files and folder .
- Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)"
- Click Apply & then OK.
- Open your USB drive, you can see your all files here.
Now convert back these all files to original form, for converting:
- Open command prompt, go to the USB drive path (suppose "I") using command > I:
- Copy your affected file/folder name (suppose folder My Music).
- Type command as attrib -h -s "My Music", it will change your folder attrib back to normal.
- For converting any file, you must mention the extension with file name (like attrib -h -s setup.exe).