Favicon stands for Favorite icons. Bookmark this page, If you reload the page, the icon should display in your browser address field in a similar way to the illustration. Changing favicon in blogger sites or blog is not a difficult task. How Favicon look like?
This is the favicon of my site. Just follow these simple steps for changing the default blogger favicon icon:
- Select your image and shrink it to 16x16 size. You can shrink it with Adobe Photoshop, MS Office Picture manager or can use any other tool.
- Save this images as .gif like fav.gif
- Now upload this image to any photo hosting site, I recommended Photobucket.
- URL generated after uploading the image will be like this:
- Now the next step is to inserting link code in your HTML, Link code:
<link href=' ' rel='shortcut icon'/>
- Replace the 'image url' with the url of your image.
- Link code after replacing the 'image url' with your 'image url' will be like this:
<link href='http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/username/image.gif' rel='shortcut icon'/>
- Now login to blogger, go to design tab>Edit HTML
- Backup your template, find <head> tag by pressing Ctrl+F from keyboard and type <head>.
- Paste the link code just below the head tag,
- That's all.