Hi everyone! This trick will show you how to prevent access to personal files, follow these steps:
- Suppose you have a text file called “Example”.
- Go to Tools> Folder Options> Go to View Tab.
- Uncheck the option “Hide Extensions for Known File Types”.
- This action will display the extensions of filese in the computer.
- Click Apply and OK.
- The file “Example” will be displayed as “Example.txt”.
- Rename the file from “Example.doc” to “Example.aaa”.
- You can give any file name and any extension instead of “.aaa” but ensure that the extension is not associated with any other program.
- The Computer will ask you for confirmation.
- Click Yes.
- The file icon will change now.
- Your file is in-accessible now.
For viewing back the file:
- Open the program in which the file can be view. In the above example, open notepad.
- Drag the file to the notepad.
- That's all.
- OR change back the extension to ".txt".